Assorted forms and permits can be viewed and printed online.
Check the list the below and click the name of the form you need. Note: The forms are in .pdf format, so you'll need the Adobe Acrobat
Reader to view them. If you don't have this software on your computer, click
here to download your free copy.
Many forms may be faxed to Room 20 in Huntington City Hall. For those items, the fax number is 304-781-8350.
Taxes and Fees
Fee Payments Prior to Property Transfer Letter
. Effective October 1, 2009, all past due fees owed to the City of Huntington must be paid prior to the transfer of property or collected at the sale by a closing attorney. This form
must be submitted to the Finance Office 24 hours before an anticipated property transfer. The form will be returned to the closing attorney listing any past due fees. Further details are available in the ordinance
City Service Fee Ordinance and Form
. Effective retroactive to April 1, 2009, the City Service Fee for all individuals working within the City limits of
Huntington increased to Three Dollars ($3.00) per week and will remain in effect until such time as rescinded by
further ordinance of Council. This increase was passed by City Council on April 27, 2009.
- B&O tax rates changed effective January 1, 2012. For reporting periods of March 31, 2012, forward please use this form. Use the top part of the forms to file your B&O tax and use the bottom portion to file your $3 a week City Service fee. You should write two checks, one for each form. Be sure to fill in the number of employees you are reporting on the withholding form.
Multiple Employers and Overpayment Corrections
. If you work for more than one employer per week, you may request that only one employer withhold the City Service Fee. (Use "City Service Fee Affidavit
If you have had more than 52 weeks worth of withholding in any year, you may request a refund from the withholding employer. (Use "Employer Refund Claim Form
"). All affidavits and refund requests must be signed and include all required documentation.
- Municipal Sales Tax. Effective January 1, 2012 there is a 1% municipal sales and service and use tax in Huntington. The West Virginia state tax department oversees all aspects of this tax. For additional information about forms and city boundaries by zip codes please contact the state tax department at 1-800-982-8297 or click here for additional information about the tax including a boundary zip+4 code file. Boundary files are updated quarterly by the State Tax Department.
- Municipal Business License Application, all entities required to obtain a West Virginia Business Registration Certificate must also obtain a Municipal Business License to do business in the City of Huntington.
MUNICIPAL BUSINESS LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Any entity which requires a West Virginia Business Registration Certificate must obtain a Municipal Business License. In order to conduct business in the City of Huntington, you must first possess a Municipal Business License. The application may be obtained by calling the Finance Division at (304) 696-5969 or by clicking the link above. You may also apply in person at 800 Fifth Ave., Huntington, WV (Room 20).
Below is a list of general information regarding the application process:
• All applicants must first have a valid West Virginia Business Registration Certificate prior to obtaining a City of Huntington Municipal Business License. The State Tax Department is located at the following address: 2699 Park Ave, Suite 230, Huntington, WV (304) 528-5565 or online at www.business4wv.com.
• The fee for Huntington’s Municipal Business License is $20.00 for all business activity conducted in the City.
**Exceptions: Contractors, Real Estate and Businesses selling alcohol or have Video Lottery.
• The term of the license begins on July 1st and ends June 30th of each fiscal year. License fees for general business license are not prorated.
• If you occupy a physical location within the City of Huntington you will need to complete a Certificate of Use and Occupancy to assure the location is approved for the particular activity being licensed. If you are working from your residence a Home Occupation Permit is required. To begin this process you may contact our Development and Planning Department at 800 5th Ave, Room 2, Huntington, WV (304) 696-4438.
• CONTRACTORS: All contractors, sub-contractors and electric contractors must supply a copy of your WV State Contractors License and a Certificate of General Liability Insurance with the City of Huntington as the Certificate Holder.
• Rental: Any person(s) who furnishes real property for lease or rent for any purpose is required to obtain a Municipal Business License. (Includes Class 4 Properties.)
• BUSINESS AND OCCUPATION TAXES MAY APPLY ALONG WITH THE CITY SERVICE FEE.
Planning and Zoning Appeals
Flood Insurance and related material
Flood Insurance, ELEVATION CERTIFICATE and instructions
from FEMA.The ceritificate is to be used to provide elevation
information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain
management ordinances, to determine the proper insurance premium
rate, and to support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment
(LOMA) or Letter of Map Revision based on fill (LOMR-F).