City of The official website of Huntington, WV


Citizens Now Have Convenient Option For Reporting Minor Crimes

The Huntington Police Department now provides a convenient option for citizens to report certain crimes or incidents.

The department has created a citizen self-report form for larcenies (less than $1,000 in value), destruction of property, breaking and entering into vehicles or any offense that you are directed to do so by Cabell County 911.

The form is not to be used for larcenies more than $1,000 in value, violent crimes, any theft involving prescription medication, missing persons, any incident that involves the collection of evidence or any incident in which serial numbers for stolen property are available.

"This is an effort to increase efficiency in making reports and to allow victims to report information on minor offenses in a less complicated way,” Huntington Police Chief Joe Ciccarelli said. “It will also increase patrol time for officers and will allow them to focus on more serious offenses. Taking advantage of technology increases convenience for the public."

Only adults (18 years or older) who are the owners of the property or a legal guardian may submit a self-report form. An officer may contact you if the department needs to follow up about a suspect or information in your case. You may also specifically request on the self-report form that an officer contact you. In this case, the department will respond as quickly as possible.

You should be able to obtain an incident/offense case number for your report after one business day and a full copy of the report within three business days.

Self-report forms can be filled out online at and can be submitted to the Police Department by emailing the completed and signed form to Hard copies are also available in the lobby of the Huntington Police Department, located at 675 10th St. Hard copies can only be returned in person to the Police Department.
For more information about filling out a self-report form, call the Police Department at 304-696-4470.


News Home | Press Releases