Demolition Packet (This Demolition Packet includes Demolition Permit Instructions, Demolition Requirements, Demolition Contractors, Asbestos Testing, and Asbestos Abatement Contractors, and a Building Permit Application)
Demolition Permit Instructions
To obtain a Demolition Permit please complete the following:
1. Complete and submit the Building Permit Application.
2. Submit public liability policy of insurance -- minimum $200,000/$500,000, with application
3. All structures must be tested for asbestos before demolition.
- If asbestos materials are NOT found, you must provide written documentation from the asbestos testing company verifying asbestos was not found.
- If asbestos materials are found, they must be removed by the Asbestos Abatement Licensing Rule West Virginia Legislative Rules Division of Health Title 64 Series 63 1998.
- Additional information about asbestos testing and removal can be found by calling the WVDHHR Bureau for Public Health Office of Environmental Health Services at 304-558-2971.
- Written documentation regarding the removal and disposal of the material will need to be submitted to the Inspections and Permits Division.
4. Additional permits/documentation may be required.
- Removal of asbestos material requires a permit from the City of Huntington Inspections and Permits Division.
- Road closure permit
- Traffic Study
5. Contact the Plumbing Inspector for inspection of the property. The inspection will determine the requirements to complete the demolition.
- Division: Inspections and Permits
- Plumbing Inspector, Chris Johnson
6. Verification that all utilities have been disconnected.
7. Verification of insurance.
8. Cost of the Demolition Permit:
- Single Family Residential Demolition Permit is $150.00
- Commercial, Industrial, Multi-Family Residential Demolition Permit is $150.00 plus 5 cents per square foot.
- The Re-Inspection Fee is $100.00
9. Complete and submit the necessary documentation to: